Why not make your own masking tape stickers ?
No way to go back on Holidays, school is starting in a few days now. Supplies and school bag are purchased, but we wanted to personalize a bit all this standard mass market stationery.–
Why not catch the opportunity to create handmade masking tape stickers ? Looking at my collection of masking tape rolls, I wondered if they could be transformed in stickers to label our stationery. What a successful test ! Our handmade masking tape stickers are lovely and it’s such a brilliant family DIY. Virgile enjoyed a lot to make them and it would be a great activity to keep busy little ones before school start. Do you like our DIY masking tape stickers ?
Principle is really simple : I printed my stickers template on baking paper. Then I filled stickers shapes and cut them out. A really easy task, let me explain in details this easy DIY :
Let me explain you how to make those masking tape stickers
To make this masking stickers DIY, you’ll need:
- some rolls of masking tape, remember to vary colors and width
- it works better if you mix light and dark or shades
- baking paper
- ruler, pencil, scissors
- ready to print template to download just below:
Explanations to make you own masking tape stickers :
- cut an A4 sheet in your baking paper
- it’s very simple to do: place one standard A4 sheet on baking paper, use the rule to report dimensions, then cut
- download the template to print it on the A4 baking sheet
- if the baking paper is thin, simply fix it on a normal sheet of paper with some masking tape to double it when printing and prevent it from tearing into the printer
- once your sheet made of baking paper is printed, place masking tape on the stickers shapes
- layover each masking tape band over the previous one to consolidate stickers
- to avoid seeing overlays, place dark colors over light
- have fun, play with shapes and patterns
- once all stickers forms are filled with masking tape, return your sheet
- cut out the stickers shapes
- and now, you just have to peel of gently your masking tape stickers
- isn’t it a nice way to create your own stickers ?
I really had a fun time making them. It’s such a nice way to use my masking tape stock, one of my favourite material to improvise some quicks DIY. By the way, have you seen how I made a giant origami bird in masking tape ?
This post was written by Daphne