Grocery bag costume is so easy to make for Halloween, all you need is a paper bag, some cardboard and this printable
Why not make a grocery bag costume ?
An ideal last-minute Halloween costume
Halloween is arriving quickly and you might be looking for an easy last-minute Halloween costume idea ? No panic, Be Frenchie is coming at your rescue. If you have a paper bag and some cardboard, it’s still time to transform yourself into a grocery bag costume. And it might even be the cheapest Halloween costume you’ve ever made !
We went to the Freaky Supermarket to fill our fridge and our grocery bag is nearly full but, horror, we forgot to buy sweets for Halloween. Let’s see if our neighbour does have some to complete our shopping.
Grocery bag costume tutorial :
Material to make a grocery bag costume :
- a large paper bag – I used a large 100l bag for compost bought in a DIY shop
- some cardboard
- a glue gun
- pdf printable to download below
- sticker paper
How to make a grocery bag costume ?
- print the printable on sticker paper ( or plan to glue it )
- to make this DIY, we’ll use the paper bag upside down
- on both side of the bag cut two aperture for arms
- on top, cut an aperture for the head ( I cutted approx. 20 cm depth by 18 cm large )
- cut a piece of cardboard slighty smaller than the bag base
- report on it the head aperture
- stick food printed stickers on some cardboard
- cut them with a stnaley knife
- stick them of the cardoboard base with a glue gun
- then glue the cardboard base on the bag
- recover cardoard side with the bag
- stick “freaky market” label on the front of the bag
- make a tour of your neighborhood to ask for some sweets
- aren’t you the loveliest grocery bag ?
Would you give a try to the grocery bag costume for Halloween ?
This post was written by Daphne