THE GRAPHIC DESIGN ADVENT CALENDAR DIY
Forget mass market advent calendar to your own. This graphic design Advent calendar DIY is made with a lot of love, a bit of patience, some paper and wood
Do you realize Christmas is in just a month ? We have barely packed up our Halloween costume that it’s already time to prepare the arrival of the man in red coat. This year, I’m dreaming of a simple Christmas homemade with natural materials, with a graphic and scandinavian design. I have prepared some simple Christmas DIY that I’m very excited to show you. Let’s start with this graphic design Advent calendar DIY :
When I found these boxes of matches, I first thought to make a black & white mini-city An evening, I piled my boxes searching how to put them together when I saw these embroidery hoops waiting to be transformed in dreamcatcher. And here’s how a very simple concept became the first graphic design Advent calendar hybrid of dreamcatcher & origami with a Scandinavian design.
And if I tell you that this it’s ( relatively ) simple to make, will you be tempted by the tutorial ?
GRAPHIC DESIGN ADVENT CALENDAR INSTRUCTIONS
- 2 wood embroidery hoops of 23 and 16 cm diameter
- 24 big white boxes of matches, size approx. : 5 x 8 x 3.5 cm
- 4 standard A4 sheets
- black painting
- origami paper cranes
- wooden pearls
- tags to download below
HOW TO MAKE THIS GRAPHIC DESIGN ADVENT CALENDAR ?
- place boxes of matches in embroidery hoops
- vary angle and press them more or less to give relief in your calendar
- then fix them together and on hoops with some dots of glue gun
- cut up sheets of paper in 3 equal strips of 7 cm high
- paint streaks in an irregular way
- let dry
- make a 2cm zig-zag pleating to fold sheets strips
- glue sheet strips together to create two long ribbons of paper
- and fix them on embroidery hoops with the glue gun
- print tags, cut them up and glue them on boxes of matches
- thread origami paper cranes and wooden pearls on a thread
- suspend threads like you would do on a dreamcatcher
- and voila ! Your graphic design Advent calendar is ready to be filled !
To prepare my Scandinavian decor for Christmas, I’ll soon show you how to make some design Christmas bauble.
Psst, if you’re looking for an easy last minute Advent calendar DIY, you might like the one I made last year.
Do you like this graphic design Advent calendar ?
How do you plan to decorate your home for Christmas ?
This post was written by Daphne